Conference & Program Director
Tobias is as Conference & Program Director in charge with the program of our international conferences, constantly in touch with speakers, partners and friends to make the best program and conference possible.
As international networker Tobias is a large part of the year on the go for "Quo Vadis Games Industry?" and "Respawn - Gathering of Developers " to scout for speakers, partners and trends, always open for a good chat.
kopka [at] aruba-events [dot] de
- conference director at Aruba Events since 2012
- curator of biz, art and scientific events since 2007
- grown up in the demoscene on Commodore 64 and Amiga
- M.A. in media studies, political science and history
- extensive teaching experience for more than six years
- organizer of seminar track at Evoke demoscene party in Cologne
- regular speaker on games culture & the demoscene
Aruba Events is the organizer of numerous international events for the games industry, held in germany as well as on Mallorca, Spain.
Aruba Events is mostly known for hosting Quo Vadis, Europe´s hot spot for games professionals, Respawn - the Gathering of Game Developers, EGES, Europe´s Summit for C-Level games experts and the German Game Developers Award. Aruba Events isbased in Cologne and currently employing a team of 10. Managing Director Stephan Reichart was also managing director of GAME, the German Games Developers Association from 2004-2011.
Aruba Events is a subsidiary of Computec Media. With a total of 15 consumer and business portals around games, IT and consumer electronics for beginners and professionals, Computec Media has Germany´s leading games and IT network and achieves up to eight million unique users a month. Managing Director Hans Ippisch is part of the games industry since 1986, when he started working as a game developer for Rainbow Arts.